I am testing gun oils for friction reduction via an incline plane/sled setup. It’s a simple setup involving a 24″ long by 4″ wide 6061 T6 bar that has been filed true and polished to 400 grit. The sled is 1″ thick by 2″ wide and 4″ in length of the same material.
You can see/read more at this link….Friction Test Setup Post.
Anyway I wanted to list the results in order of friction reduction or the Best First. Here are 9 gun oils/lubricants that I tested so far. There are more to come.
- FrogLube CLP – 10.36 degrees
- Archoil AR4200 – 10.6 degrees
- FireClean Gun Oil – 10.77 degrees
- Ballistol – 11.36 degrees
- Break Free CLP – 11.9 degrees
- M-Pro7 Gun Oil LPX – 12.8 degrees
- Rem Oil – 13.5 degrees
- Otis Bio CLP – 13.77 degree
- Bare Metal (no lubricant) – 15 degrees
- WD-40 – 15.8 degrees